The Product Listing State for each product is displayed in the dropdown to the left of each product in Inventory. You can change the state using this dropdown or in Edit Product.
Products in the Available and Backorder listing states are visible on your menu, but the Archived, Sample, Backorder, Internal, and Unavailable listing states are all hidden from retailers and internal to your team. Products in all listing states live in your Active Products, with the exception of Archived products, which are stored in your Archived tab within Inventory.
The following are definitions of each LeafLink Product Listing State:
- Available: Available products are visible to your retailers and may be added to orders. If a product is available, it should be in stock. In Product Visibility Settings, you can choose whether or not this product moves to Backorder or Unavailable if its inventory runs low.
- Archived: Archived products are removed from your Active Products and stored in the Archive tab for future reference or use. On LeafLink, you cannot delete products, you can only archive them.
- Sample: This is an internal item that can be used to manually add samples to orders in response to retailers' sample requests. You can clone an existing product and set the pricing to your typical sample pricing, i.e. $0.05.
- Backorder: This product is visible to retailers and may be added to orders. Upon checkout, Backorder items and Available items will automatically separated into unique orders. A product can be manually changed to the Backorder state or an Available product can automatically move to Backorder if it reaches a certain inventory threshold. To set it up this way, you must have Managed inventory, and you can set up the threshold in Product Visibility Settings. Recommended use cases for Backorder include:
- The product is no longer available because the inventory has reached 0, but orders can still be filled with up-and-coming production.
- Inventory levels are getting low, and you would like to reserve the remaining inventory for a specific customer.
- Customers can still order a product, even in backorder state.
- Internal: This product is not visible to retailers, but may be manually added to orders.
- Unavailable: This product is not visible to retailers and cannot be added to manual orders, but will remain in your Inventory. A product can be manually changed to the Unavailable state or an Available product can automatically move to Unavailable (and hidden from retailers) if it reaches a certain inventory threshold. To set this up, you must have Managed inventory, and you can set up the threshold in Product Visibility Settings.