As a brand on LeafLink, there are two ways you can message customers on the platform:
- Respond to an inbound message from a customer
- Message a customer regarding an order
Responding to an Inbound Message from a Customer
A retailer shopping on LeafLink can message you about your brand, a product, or an order. When they send you a message, you will receive an email notification as well as a notification next to the Messages tab in your LeafLink navigation panel.
To read and respond to the message, click Messages. Then, follow these steps:
- Click anywhere on the message line to open the message.
- Enter your response in the Message field.
- Click the Reply arrow icon at the top of the page or the Reply button at the bottom of the page.
- Your message will now appear below your customer’s initial message.
- Once the conversation is finished, you can mark it as Complete by clicking the checkbox icon on the top of the page.
Messaging a Customer Regarding an Order
You can initiate a message with a customer regarding an order. To send a message, start by clicking Orders Received in the LeafLink navigation panel. Then, follow these steps:
- Click to the left of the order you would like to message your customer about. Select View.
- Click the Actions drop-down. Select Contact Buyer.
- In the message modal, enter your subject and message.
- Click Send.
- The message you sent will now appear in the Messages tab.
Click Messages in the LeafLink navigation panel to access and manage messages you've sent and received.
There are a few ways you can interact with messages on this page:
- Click anywhere on a message line to open that message thread.
- The status of each message is displayed in the Status column
- Messages can be In Progress or Completed
- Click the checkbox next to one or more messages, then click Mark As to bulk change the status of your message(s).
- Click In Progress to filter messages displayed by either In Progress or Completed.
- Type a search term in Search Messages and click Search to filter messages based on keywords, etc.
Clicking to open a message thread brings you to the View Message screen which displays the full message thread.
There are a few ways to interact with an individual message on this page:
- Compose a response or follow-up message and click Reply to send.
- Click the checkbox to mark the message thread's status as Complete.
- Click the folder icon to revert the thread back to In Progress.