About Inventory Management
If you have your inventory set to Managed or Inherited, your inventory will automatically update as you receive both organic and manual orders. (If you have Unmanaged inventory, your inventory will not be updated).
On the Inventory page, each product has an Inventory quantity. If Unmanaged, it will show an infinity symbol. If Managed or Inherited, it will display the total amount of inventory you have. This includes both your “unclaimed” inventory and your reserved inventory, which has been ordered by a customer but has not yet been fulfilled. In other words, Reserved is the amount of your inventory that is still available on your “shelf” but is claimed by a customer in an order, and will later be used to fulfill their order.
Why LeafLink Inventory Management?
The primary benefit of managing inventory on LeafLink is that you can prevent overselling. In Edit Product, you can control how items that are low in stock display on your menu when they reach a certain threshold in Product Visibility Settings. When a product reaches a certain amount of inventory, it can automatically move to backorder or be hidden from your menu completely.
Additionally, you can use LeafLink’s Inventory Reports to better forecast and plan your inventory based on sales.
How to Restock Your Inventory
If managing your inventory on LeafLink, it’s important to keep your inventory quantity up to date.
Restocking from Inventory
To restock your inventory, click Inventory in the LeafLink navigation panel. Then, follow these steps:
- Click Restock to the right of the product.
- In the model, enter the amount of items you’d like to add to the inventory in the Increase by field.
- This is for products that are "Managed" Inventory. The Current Inventory plus the increased amount should equal the physical quantity that is in your inventory.
- Click Update to save your changes. The inventory for the product will now reflect your new total.
Restocking from Edit Product
Another way to update your inventory is from Edit Product. To edit the product, click the vertical ellipsis to the left of product you'd like to update and select Edit. Then, follow these steps:
- Scroll to the section labeled Product Inventory Information. From there, you can change your product's inventory.
- The number you enter should reflect your total physical inventory, including reserved. You are not adding inventory, but instead writing the new total.
- Click Save. The inventory for the product in Inventory will now reflect your new total.