In the event a Retailer is added to your Customers twice, you're able to move the data from one customer to another and archive the duplicate.
How to Merge Duplicate Customers
To merge a duplicate customer, click Customers in the LeafLink navigation panel. Then, follow these steps:
- Find the customer you’d like the merge to another Customer. Click the vertical ellipsis next to the Customer and select Transfer Data.
- In the Choose Another Customer drop-down, select the Customer to whom you’d like to transfer the data.
- Click Select Company and Review.
- Check the boxes of the items you’d like to transfer: Tasks, Activities, Orders, and Contacts.
- Moving orders from one customer to another will move the order history to that Customer, but will not affect the customer information on the actual Invoice or Order Summary.
- To archive the Customer after a merge is complete, select the Archive [Customer] checkbox. Archiving the Customer removes it from your Customers list but does not delete the Customer itself.
- Click Transfer.
Note: Check your work! Transferring a Customer’s data cannot be undone, so please make sure you have chosen the correct Customer.
For data security reasons, CRM merges are limited to 20 per day. If you’d like to merge a larger number of entries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How to Archive Customers
Archiving a Customer will remove it from your Customers list. However, your Customer information will be saved and will still be searchable with the Show Archived Search Results filter. This means you can remove outdated Customers from your daily workflow without losing their data.
To archive a Customer, click Customers in the left-hand navigation bar. Then, follow these steps:
- Find the Customer you’d like to archive and click the vertical ellipsis next to their name.
- Select Archive Customer.
- Refresh the page. The archived Customer will no longer appear in your Customers list (unless you filter to include archived results).
How to Remove a Customer from Archive
To move a Customer out of Archive back into your Customers list, navigate to the Customers page. Then, follow these steps:
- Click the Show Archived Search Results checkbox.
- Click the blue Search button.
- Find the Customer you’d like to un-archive and click the vertical ellipsis next to their name.
- Select Un-Archive.
- Click Clear next to Search. Now, the Customer will appear in the list and is no longer archived.